Electric vehicles are more popular than ever before in the US, with more motorists buying electric cars and trucks every day. There has been a significant increase in online searches for EVs, too, indicating a substantial segment of drivers considering switching to an EV for their next car purchase.
Data from Google shows that searches for terms like “electric truck” and “best electric cars” have grown globally by over 100% year over year. What’s even more telling? Google searches for “electric cars for sale” have increased by over 200% during the same period!
But how can you convince motorists to purchase your electric vehicle over those available at competing dealerships? Through the magic of digital marketing, of course!
Let’s look at some of the best ways to market your EVs online.
Search Engine Optimization
If a car shopper is considering switching to an electric vehicle, they’ll likely conduct online research into the pros and cons of EVs. They might have questions related to the cost, convenience, service and reliability of EVs, like the following:
- “Where to find nearby charging stations?”
- “How often do you need to charge an EV?”
- “What is the cost of EV ownership?”
- “What is the difference between a hybrid and a plugin?”
- “What are the pros and cons of owning an EV?”
- “Do EVs require service?”
- “Are EVs reliable?”
- “Can I charge an EV at home?”
When a driver decides they want to buy an electric vehicle, they are likely to head to Google to search for one of the following phrases:
- “Electric vehicles for sale near me”
- “Best electric cars under [PRICE]”
- “[EV1] vs. [EV2]”
- “Electric vehicle tax credits”
- “How to charge electric cars?”
If you want to increase the chances of them choosing to do business with your dealership, you will need to ensure your website appears near the top of the search results for these phrases. You may accomplish this objective by optimizing your website for search.
To optimize your dealership’s site for EV-related keywords, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Choose the keywords you wish to target. Tools like Ubersuggest and Long Tail Pro can help you with this step.
- Publish information-rich content on EV-related topics. Insert keywords into your posts in a natural way.
- Add EV keywords to the headlines and descriptions on relevant pages.
- Build backlinks from reputable websites. Guest blogging is one of the best ways to generate these links.
- Reduce your loading times. Compressing images and reducing the use of redirects can speed up your site.
- Ensure your website is mobile-friendly. Enter your URL into Google’s testing tool for a detailed analysis.
Taking these six steps will show Google your site is trustworthy and full of useful EV-related information. As a result, it’ll be much more likely to send interested shoppers in your direction.
Want to start generating new electric car sales as soon as tomorrow? PPC (pay-per-click) advertising may be the answer.
Google Ads is by far the largest PPC advertising platform in the world. Its ads generated about $300 billion in sales for companies across the globe in 2020. As such, you may wish to focus your efforts there.
When creating a PPC ad for the electric vehicles on your lot, you would be wise to keep the following advice in mind:
- Write in the second person. “Find your new electric car here” is likely to perform better than “We have a wide range of electric cars.”
- Include relevant keywords. As a general rule, you should try to have your main keyword appear at the start of your headline and again in your description.
- Outline the benefits of electric vehicles. Tell users how switching to an EV can save them money and reduce their carbon footprint.
- Include relevant facts and figures. A phrase like “save up to $200 a month on gas by switching to an EV” will surely draw attention to your ad.
- Add a compelling call to action. Tell users what step they should take next to purchase one of your electric cars.
Once you are happy with your ad, set it to run in the areas your customers call home during the hours your showroom is open.
When your ad goes live, don’t forget to monitor its performance and make edits as necessary.
Social Media Marketing
54 percent of people use social media apps like Facebook and Instagram to research products they want to buy. They might decide to do business with your dealership if you can help them with the research process!
You can provide social media users with information about your EVs in the following ways:
- Live Videos: Live videos are an excellent way to give users a tour of your electric vehicles. Be sure to answer any questions you receive during your stream.
- Product Photos: High-quality interior and exterior images can give shoppers some insight into the look and feel of your EVs before they arrive at your showroom.
- Reviews: Did a previous customer love one of the features in your EV? Sharing their review on social media can help highlight the best things about the car.
- Comments: You might receive lots of questions in the comments of your EV-related posts on social media. Providing detailed answers can give shoppers the confidence to take the next step in the purchasing process.
You can also drive electric car sales by letting your social media followers know about the incentives and discounts you currently offer.
Need Help Marketing Your EVs Online? Contact the Pros at fusionZONE
Would you like assistance from a team of experienced marketing professionals to promote your electric vehicles online? Then please don’t hesitate to reach out to fusionZONE! We have been helping car dealerships like yours with their marketing needs for years – so we know what it takes to succeed.
Call (424) 232-0810 or fill out our online contact form to talk to a team member today!