Whether you run a pet shop or a car dealership, it is essential to connect with your customers on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Engaging with your client base can:
- Help new people discover your brand
- Boost traffic to your company’s website
- Encourage buyers to remain loyal to your brand
- Drive sales and generate leads
What can you do to increase your organization’s social media engagement and begin enjoying these benefits?
1. Post Engaging Content
The first move on the road to increased engagement is to create and post content that will encourage your followers to comment, like, or share. Depending on the demographics of your client base and the nature of your business, this content could be:
- A funny meme or picture
- A thought-provoking infographic
- A product photograph, or
- An in-depth news article
When selecting content, stick to topics that are likely to leave your audience feeling happy, inspired, or encouraged. If you post something controversial, you may find yourself generating social media engagement for all the wrong reasons.
2. Ask Questions
One of the fastest and simplest ways to get your social media audience to leave a comment on your Facebook post is to ask them a question or seek their opinion on something. These questions don’t need to be complicated or overly detailed. The following examples can drive the engagement your company needs:
- “If you could travel anywhere in the world next summer, where would it be?”
- “What do you want for Christmas this year?”
- “What do you think? Is a hot dog a sandwich?”
- “What’s the first thing you’re going to do when you get your hands on our new product?”
- “Have you ever dealt with this issue before? What did you do?”
- “What’s your New Year’s resolution?”
If your questions are particularly thought-provoking, you may even spark a lively debate among your customers in the comments. Asking questions can also encourage your customers to leave reviews and feedback on how you can improve your products and services.
3. Use Relevant Emojis
Adding emojis to your social media posts may not seem like it would have a significant bearing on the amount of engagement your company enjoys, but the data shows it can make a sizable difference. According to a study conducted by Media Update, posts that use emojis get:
- 57 percent more likes on Facebook
- 33 percent more shares on Facebook
- 48 percent more engagement on Instagram, and
- 25 percent more engagement on Twitter
When adding emojis to your posts, it is extremely important to select ones that suit the tone of your message. It makes little sense to add a crying or sad emoji to your announcement post for your exciting new product.
4. Respond to User Comments
You do not want to leave your audience hanging once you finally get them to leave comments on your Facebook and Instagram posts. If they notice that you seem to be ignoring their thoughts and ideas, they are unlikely to leave any again in the future.
The best way to avoid this nightmare scenario is to leave a short response under as many comments as your resources will allow. Your replies do not need to go into a great deal of detail, but they should show you took the time to read their comment.
You may use the following examples if you get stuck for response ideas:
- “Thanks for taking the time to read our blog! To answer your question…”
- “Glad you liked the video! We always love hearing feedback from our loyal customers!”
- “Thanks for asking about our product! You can learn all about it at the following link.”
Being able to see that you take the time to leave replies to comments will encourage users to come back to your page again in the future.
5. Use Eye-Catching Imagery
You only have a second or two to grab a user’s attention while they scroll through their social media feed. If you miss the mark, they will move on to the next post without giving yours a second thought.
Fortunately, you can make users stop their scrolling and take a closer look at your post by using eye-catching imagery. According to Buffer, adding a vibrant picture to a Twitter post can boost engagement by as much as 150 percent!
Need a Little Help? Contact the Experts at fusionZONE Today
Are you having some trouble putting these engagement-boosting tips into action? Perhaps you don’t have time to worry about your company’s social media pages? In either case, the experts at fusionZONE are here to help!
We have been helping small and large businesses across the U.S. to grow and manage their social media presence for years – and we would love to do the same for you. Fill out our online contact form or give us a quick call at (424) 232-0728 today to talk to a member of our experienced team.